We are excited that you have received your EMOTIV Insight! Thank you for your support and patience. Please follow the directions below to get started:
1. Charge your Insight with the included USB charging cable. When it's fully charged, the charging light should turn green.*
The on/off indicator light for Insight is a small white LED above and to the left of the Emotiv logo on the side of the device.
Note: Never let the battery drain all the way.
2. Visit the following sites:
- Emotiv Xavier Control Panel The latest EMOTIV Wireless EEG companion software. For use with both the EMOTIV EPOC+ and Insight headsets. Get acquainted with EEG and brain monitoring and learn how to use your EMOTIV wireless EEG headsets and their features. Fit and connect your EEG headset, set base lines (eyes open/eyes closed), monitor and record performance metrics, facial expressions and practice mental commands. Begin self assessment via this easy to use desktop application.
- MyEmotiv App A companion app to the EMOTIV Insight and EPOC+ that allows you to track your brain fitness over 6 metrics. Use this app to record your brain during everyday activities and learn how to optimize brain performance. Strengthen focus, manage stress levels, and learn ways to improve brain fitness.
- Tutorial videos We have released videos on how to assemble the Insight headset, how to wear it, and a quick overview of the beta Insight app.
*If your headset didn't come with a cable, please contact customer support.