EPOC+ is the updated model of our award-winning EPOC neuroheadset. The added features are:
- 9-axis inertial motion sensor (3x gyro, 3x accelerometer, 3x magnetometer)
- Bluetooth Smart® connectivity
- 2 sample rates (2048 internal, filtered and downsampled to 128 or 256 per sec per channel)
- 2 resolution: 14 bit or 16 bit per channel (0.51 µV @ 14 bit / 0.13 uV @ 16 bit)
- User-configurable settings:
- 14 bit / 16 bit voltage resolution
- Enable/disable individual motion sensors (accelerometer, gyro, magnetometer)
- Enable/disable Motion sensor chip for extended operation
- Enable/disable wireless comms during USB/Extender operation, select preferred wireless mode
- External hardware trigger option (via Extender accessory)
- Data streaming to SD card (via Extender accessory)
The 9-axis inertial motion sensor allows additional motion/positional tracking and monitoring than EPOC's 2-axis gyroscope. The sampling rate of motion data is adjustable by the user (128Hz, 64Hz, 32Hz, or off). The Bluetooth Smart® connectivity gives users an additional method to connect their EPOC+ to their PC or mobile device in additional to the EPOC dongle. It also allows the support of additional platforms - iOS 5+ and Android 4+ without USB OTG.
EPOC+ is backward compatible with existing EPOC software. The EPOC compatibility mode will output data from an EPOC+ headset in the same format as that from an EPOC. Upgrading the EPOC+ firmware will be done via a new bootloader feature. Customers will not need to ship their headsets back to Emotiv for upgrades. They can simply connect their headset to a computer or one of the supported mobile devices for the upgrade.